Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Nashville - Music City and Athena

 I've always wanted to visit Nashville, especially since my friend, country singer Mindy Miller, moved there. What better birthday present to myself than to finally walk the same street as music legends.   

The highlights of my visit were getting to see Mindy play, once with Natalie Brady at Redneck Riviera and once at Nashville palace with Pat Gulley. She has such an amazing set of pipes, and I really hope she goes far. So much talent. I was so choked up to get to hear Landslide played for me on my birthday.  

It was fun to visit the old Honky Tonks and imagine the singers and songwriters that played and made history in their halls. I truly enjoyed talking to the guy at Ernest Tubbs Records who sent me over to Robert's Western World for some traditional music. It did not disappoint. 

Bonus: There is a temple to Athena in Nashville! What a giant, golden, glorious surprise she was. 










💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Learning to Spin Fire

When I first watched people spinning fire, I knew I wanted to do it, but it was a scary idea.  I volunteered as a fire safety at a burn call...