Sunday, July 30, 2023

Powell Books - Portland, Oregon

 A bookstore the size of a city block - what?  Yes, Powell books is three stories of magnificent books for your reading pleasure. A bookstore with an elevator, now that's magical. The shelves are littered with recommendations and reviews, lovingly penned by the employees. I was hard-pressed to avoid a lot of purchases since I was traveling, but I couldn't resist buying a beautiful tarot dragon deck that was among a collection of used decks in a glass case. There is a charming cafe to grab a cuppa java or tea, and plenty of places throughout the store to sit down and browse through whatever catches your eye. If you're in Portland, don't miss this store. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Learning to Spin Fire

When I first watched people spinning fire, I knew I wanted to do it, but it was a scary idea.  I volunteered as a fire safety at a burn call...